Trouble Connecting to a Tarot Deck? Try This!
I know this trouble all too well!
We buy a new tarot deck, we read the manual, we sleep with the cards for a week or more, and well nothing….
No advice to be given, no connection felt., so what do we do in this case?
Leave your tarot deck for a month in the box it had come in and leave it in a trunk or somewhere you keep your other decks.
In the meantime, read the guide book of the deck, or a “tarot meanings for beginners” so to speak, it will help you to understand your deck’s mindset.
After the month has gone by, revisit the deck and see if there is a connection I bet you there will be!
A Few Surprising Reasons You May Not Be Connecting With Your Deck
- If you have not taken a pink Himalayan or sea salt bath, these are especially important to take at least twice a week especially if you are reading tarot, or perform other mystical workings, they help to detox energies you may not realize you have absorbed!
- The deck may not be for you, as heart breaking as it is, and I have had cases of this, there are some decks I just don’t work well with or connect with.
- You may need to take a step back from divination or what I call ” psychic burn out” this is indeed a stressful part of your psychic, or tarot journey however it is essential that you take a few weeks to just sit back and relax, sometimes we read and do so much divination that our third eyes need some shut eye too!
Don’t give up, you amazing, mystic, you got this!
Simple Tips on How to Find the Right Tarot Reader For You
Tarot is an ever growing way of counseling because it looks at the shadows and the light. However, there are so many tarot readers so how do you find which one suits your needs? Read on to see my simple tips on finding the right reader.
1. Know What You Want Clarity On
This by far is the most important tip anyone can give a person who is seeking guidance. Are you struggling with finances? Maybe you want to know your soul’s purpose, or what to look for when vibrating your fine energetic self to attract that fine soul who can sing the same tune as you! Perhaps you want to connect with your spirit guides or fur babies who have passed on. But the most important part is to be very clear about what guidance you are seeking. If you ask for a general reading don’t be surprised when it comes back with very basic info.
2. Know Your Reader
Another important part of finding a “legit” or “real” psychic or tarot reader is getting to know them. I love when clients ask me how long I have been reading, or what drew me to psychic readings, or what kind of spirits I connect with! This is so very important you should be able to feel comfortable enough that you could SEE yourself becoming besties with your reader. IF you message a tarot reader or psychic, and the first thing they do is throw a price out there, without ANY sort of introduction, stay away. Clients will explain to me what they seek clarity on, and then in that instance I give prices but I don’t just start to throw my pricing out there. I want my clients to feel comfortable and like we are besties!
3. Know Your Budget
Psychic and tarot reading businesses are don’t run just on mysticism you know. It is important to know and RESPECT psychic reader’s pricing and what you get for each price or package. Some psychics will do it for free, some for five dollars some for one hundred dollars or more. If you have five dollars don’t haggle a psychic who tells you her readings are 100 dollars that’s not fair to her and the service she is providing.
Also another great perk about supporting an individual business is that you are not feeding some money hungry corporation but rather a family, her pets, maybe her care that needs to be fixed so that she can go home to see family. Small business rules!
May your tarot or psychic reading be all that you desire,
Tarot Of Enchanted Dreams Review
Hey lovely souls! I was honored a few weeks ago to receive the lovely and kind Yasmeen Westwood’s deck “Tarot of the Enchanted Dreams”. Read on to see my thoughts about the deck!
This lovely deck has 78 cards and is in your tradiitional rider waite suits meaning cups, swords,pentacles, and wands.
I absolutely adore these cards! They have such a whimsically feel, and dreamscape vibe to them!
Each of the suits have a color to correspond to the suit for instance wands and orange cups and blue etc.
These are easy to read, and shuffle and they have such a gentle energy to them.
The back is a gorgeous blue starry night with a large and full white moon and it is simply captivating.
I usually am the one collecting the animal decks so this was such a treat for me enjoy and work with!
Check out Yasmeen’s shop or grab a deck of your own:
What deck are you loving this month?
Simple Tips for Beginners
If you asked me a few years ago, I would have sat there and said “me read tarot? haha no”.
Was I ever wrong! I want you to understand that I was not always so cheerful or in love with the idea of reading tarot.
Now if you ask me if I love tarot I will probably try to hide all my decks under a rock and deny that I have a major tarot addiction!
We all have to start somewhere and it’s okay if it takes you awhile to get there.
Here’s a few simple tips to get you started on your tarot journey, as a reader.
- Find a style of deck you resonate with- This is something I strongly tell any of my clients or anyone for that matter who ask me where to start. I think knowing what your hobbies are will help you to discover which deck you may connect with. For myself, I tend to find that I like the decks that have animal totems, powers linked to them, for me these are the decks that I connect to the strongest.
- Be Open To Spiritual Awakening– I wish someone told me just how much I was going to awaken the minute I began reading tarot! I am happily surprised at just how much abilities I have! Tarot has also helped me to transform my troubles into blissful alchemy. I now know that I have the power to react in a situation and I can do so as I see fit, I can also take a negative or unpleasant situation and turn it into something grand!
- Don’t Get Wrapped Up in the Guide Books– I know tarot can be a little intimidating at first, especially if you do not know much about cards, the suits, and so on. With this being said, the guide books are merely there as a guide they are not there to be used a crutch. So don’t lean back on them too much.
- Be Patient– No really, be patient. I know its hard not to when everyone you know who reads tarot is doing amazing but you can’t even figure what the fool is about. But that’s the amazing thing, everyone learns and interprets the cards differently. It may take you weeks or months to fully bond with your chosen deck and fully understand, The language of tarot is much like learning a verbal language. First you skim through the deck and get a feel for the card vibes. Next you may read the deck just to develop a deeper understanding, and finally you start awakening to the endless possibilities and messages each card has for you.
My Halloweenish Themed Tarot and Oracle Deck Picks
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! No I am not talking about Yule, I am talking about Halloween or Samhain if you rock the Pagan boat. Today I wanted to give you my Halloween themed tarot decks. These also are decks that just for some reason bring that gorgeous fall vibe we all love so much!
The Everyday Witch Tarot By Deborah Blake
This deck brings everything witch, and everything captivating Autumn, that brings me the memories of grandma’s apple pie, autumn hay, and more! This 78 card deck has a cute witch and cat on every card! The images are simply magical and captivating!
Oracle of Light and Dark By Lucy Cavendish and Jasmine Beckett Griffith
I love, love, love, this deck! This oracle deck has 45 cards of autumn and Halloweenish themed spirits and images! I love this deck especially when extra clarity is needed in Autumn, I still use it year round though, haha!
Both decks can be ordered via amazon or from the authors on their websites.
Which decks have got you feeling the Halloween creeps?