Starbucks Opens It’s Debut Sign Language Shop in Washington, D.C.
When you walk into the brand new Washington D.C store, don’t expect the typical mermaid cup filling, green apron-clad caffeineista.
What’s so unique you ask? These lovely baristas can speak coffee in sign language!
Here are some even more awesome reasons why you need to visit if you are ever in the Washington D.C. Area:
- Located at a section of H Street Northeast, where Gallaudet University is near by, the world’s only liberal arts college for the deaf, and those with hearing issues.
- Umbrella’s located at the front of the store, not only have “Starbucks” on them but they also include “Starbucks” in American Sign Language fingerspelling.
- Exclusive mugs for this location that can only be found here.
- No ambient music
- Two way communication tablets for questions such as “What kind of milk?”
- Chairs and Tables will be lower to be help with visibility as well as bright lights with a matte finish to prevent as much glare from the lighting as possible!
These are just a few of the things you will notice at this lovely location.
I sure hope we see more of these Starbuck’s coming to other locations nationwide!
What You Need to Know About Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream’s New Flavor!
Raise the ice cream scoop folks! Ben and Jerry’s has released a new ice cream flavor the won’t just rock your taste buds, but it’s also rocking social media, while also helping to end discrimination towards women who are immigrants, LGBTQ, of color, and women who are refugees.
There is also four amazing organizations who are behind the creation of this flavor that are battling peacefully in an effort to protect and guard these women from discriminatory cruelty.
The Four Organizations
- Color of Change- Color of Change- This organization works end procedures in which stop women of color, while coming up with solutions for everyone.
- NETA– Neta is a sky rocketing media platform that was created by people of color along the Texas-Mexico border.
- Honorable Earth- This awesome organization works to find solutions to climate change, renewable energy, and environmental justice for native communities.
- Women’s March- Women’s March aims to support and empower political power in different women in order to support social change.
This ice cream is sure to be a hit with chocolate and nut lovers everywhere! It is composed of chocolate ice cream, white and dark chocolate fudge swirls, pecans, walnuts, and…fudge covered almonds!
Head on over to Ben and Jerry’s website here, to find a pint or ice cream shop near you! Don’t forget the sprinkles!