Tips for Easing Yourself Into The BDSM and Fetish Community
First let me start out by saying I am by no means an expert in this field I am just here to share my experiences with you.
Before you go hopping into suspension from the ceiling, or getting whipped a bunch of times read these tips,
- RESEARCH– I can’t tell you how many women I have met who said their experience was “not fun”, “boring” or unsatisfying. The reason why that may happen is because either you haven’t researched a fetish at a deeper level. If you are interested in a specific fetish or kink it is essential to research a lot BEFORE you even think to try it. There are also many different terms, meanings, and vocabulary again this is why research is needed you really have to understand what you are getting yourself into before going into a play session.
- KNOW YOUR HARD LIMITS- one of the most important things when it comes to ANY and I do mean ANY relationship with anyone in the BDSM or fetish world is to know what you DON’T want to try or do. It is also important to know what you want from the person. Do you want a dom? Are you looking to add some spice to your marriage or bedroom? Know your hard limits and stick to them.
- SAFE WORDS ARE MANDATORY- at the point in time because you are so new or not sure of how much of a kink you like, the intensity, the pressure, the emotion, etc, it is really important to have a safe word you and your play mate agree upon.
- EVERYONE Has a Place- in the fetish community everyone has a place and it is respected, provided you find the right people, and you take caution with those you do converse with. The fetish community is typically non judgmental and you kind of have to be in this community with an open mind. There is a kink for everyone I promise!
- Join an Online Fetish Community or Kink App- another way to establish yourself and get yourself into to amazing world of kink, is to join an online community or app, most of these allow you to post any picture you want so discretion is not a worry! I recommend “Fetlife” for websites and the Whiplr app for iphone or android. I will write up a segment and review on Whiplr in future posts. Both communities allow you to reach out and get know others, you can select what you are seeking, whom you are, your kinks, your hard limits and more.
Whether you like having your feet tickled, or being spanked over a handsome hunks knee, or everything in between, I hope you find grand pleasure and life long friendship and support.
Veterinary Visits and Goodbyes
Today has been a very hard day for myself indeed. I noticed my older ferret of 4 years, was not any better, so I decided to take him to the vet. It took a little bit because most vets did not see ferrets so I really had to look and finally I found one.
We noticed a week ago that he was skinny, and it was weird he was fine a week or so before we thought maybe it was the new cage and he just was adjusting to it. Sadly it just got worse so it was time to bring him in.
I had high hopes it was something small like an infected tooth, or something minimal.
Unfortunately it was ferret insulinoma, it is highly deadly and fatal to ferrets I will be writing up another blog post about this at a later date. The vet had said that it was so aggressive already there really wasn’t much that could done. I didn’t want him to suffer so I had decided to do the best thing for him which was to humanely euthanize him.
The staff was amazing and so very supportive, and it helped provide some comfort as I sat in a room with him for awhile and just held him, telling him what a good boy he was, how much I love him, that I am still with him, I held him and cried, the vet and technician came into the room and were so kind very caring about the whole ordeal.
I will miss you bandit, thank you for giving me four years of pads stacked like building blocks, laughter, and most importantly ferret love. You truly were the best ferret anyone could ever wish for and I am so glad you walked with me physically, through part of my journey.
Your wings were ready but my heart was not.
Is it me you still desire?
The soul you said, set yours on fire?
It is it me you still dream about?
Or should I find the door and walk myself out?
Do you still even want to see me?
Or am I chasing a ghost fantasy?
Your Guide to Animal Reiki
It is no doubt that holistic medicine is booming. Alternative medicine is every and anywhere we look. We often see crystal jewelry, crystal healers,psychics, and reiki masters. These amazing light workers all bring wondrous joy to humans.
Did you know reiki does not just benefit us well magically mundane folk? It can also benefit our fur babies as well!
What is Reiki?
Reiki is where a practitioner( aka me who is certified), will channel universal life force energy through their hands and then it is sent to the animal or person, in which then they choose where they need the healing to go. Reiki also helps to remove blocks or clear our chakras or energy wheels these wheels are vitally important to our overall well being and they are just as essential to our pets.
The Benefits of Animal Reiki
I bet by now you’re sitting there at computer jumping down in excitement for this segment of this blog post! Look no further! Here are the benefits of animal reiki:
- Strengthen bond between pet and owner
- Relieve past, and/or currently live trauma such as abuse.
- Help provide comfort to a hospice patient
- Speed up the healing process of post-op procedures
- Help remove unwanted behavior
You can find many animal reiki masters among social media for your pet I also am certified and can perform animal reiki as well.
Have you tried animal reiki?
Starbucks Opens It’s Debut Sign Language Shop in Washington, D.C.
When you walk into the brand new Washington D.C store, don’t expect the typical mermaid cup filling, green apron-clad caffeineista.
What’s so unique you ask? These lovely baristas can speak coffee in sign language!
Here are some even more awesome reasons why you need to visit if you are ever in the Washington D.C. Area:
- Located at a section of H Street Northeast, where Gallaudet University is near by, the world’s only liberal arts college for the deaf, and those with hearing issues.
- Umbrella’s located at the front of the store, not only have “Starbucks” on them but they also include “Starbucks” in American Sign Language fingerspelling.
- Exclusive mugs for this location that can only be found here.
- No ambient music
- Two way communication tablets for questions such as “What kind of milk?”
- Chairs and Tables will be lower to be help with visibility as well as bright lights with a matte finish to prevent as much glare from the lighting as possible!
These are just a few of the things you will notice at this lovely location.
I sure hope we see more of these Starbuck’s coming to other locations nationwide!
I know this trouble all too well!
We buy a new tarot deck, we read the manual, we sleep with the cards for a week or more, and well nothing…
Here’s what to do!
via Connection Lost…